Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black mags.

Yes 'Black mags' is a GREAT song by The Cool Kids.
But more to the fashion point, Black magazine.

I remember when this mag first started up, I was, personally, busy drinking and partying like the 18 year old I was. My Friend, the bass player from the band I was in got asked to participate in the first editorial of Black. The stills from the shoot were amazing, it starred young indie/hipster up and coming homos. (sorry Helen) , AND would have been an interesting piece, had it been published.

SO they pulled her shoot but she got a free copy of the first issue so, who's crying?

Anyway, the point I wanted to get at was that they have had some truly amazing editorials cranking lately.
We were skeptical at their selling point at the tender age of 18; they wanted to market themselves to an international market. we thought: ' you're havin a laugh mate'.

But with their array of stylists and photographers, not to mention the beautiful clothing in their issues. I truly think they have succeeded in their goal.

GO BLACK DARLING, GO BLACK.



No comments:

Post a Comment